Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Sincere Thanks

I am so blessed by the outpouring of support that I was shown during and after Sunday mornings' message. I should not have expected anything less from such a wonderful body of saints.

I thank you for your understanding and encouragement as I set this time aside.

I was also met by many who longed to go along with me. I understand that most can not take this amount of time away from work or from being mom or dad. I am humbled by the privilege I have been given to do so.

But I want to encourage you to do a mini-version. Take a day and go up the McKenzie with a sack lunch and sit by the river with your Bible and journal. Take a hike up Pisgah and spend a quiet morning in sloitude and worship; get up an hour early and sit in the backyard while the sun rises and meet God.

Take... no... make the time! Somewhere, somehow, someway to spend time with the Lord of the Sabbath.


My Aim

I am aiming pretty high in my expectations. in fact, I plan to be fundamentally changed as a result of this sabbatical. I also am very eager to see what the Lord does at LSC in my absense. Anxious to allow these men to teach and tend the Lord's precious flock. I am expecting the Lord to do some surprising things while I am gone.

All that to say, dont miss it. Keep coming, keep serving, keep worshipping, keep praying, keep giving :), and watch and wait to see what the Lord will do.

I dont think there are any of us who would be satisfied to just "do church", to just go through the motions. I desire to see a radical work of God in Eugene. A move of God in this stronghold of the enemy. And the gates of hell can not overpower it (Mt 16.18).


Would you please pray!

  • Please keep me in prayer.
  • Pray for the leadership of the church who will be left to lovingly tend you.
  • Pray for the ministry of LSC, for the ministry of the kingdom of God in Eugene in all the churches.
  • Pray for a revival, not at LSC, not in the church in Eugene, not in the Chrush globally, pray for a personal revival of your own passsion, submission, love, devotion to our Lord and Savior Jesus Chrsit. The rest will follow.
  • Pray for an insatialble hunger for His Word.
  • Pray for a true prioritizing of the Kingdom of Heaven
  • Pray that you would, once and for all, realize victory over the strongholds that remain in your life.
  • Pray for a heart to worship God as you will on that day around the glassy sea.
  • Pray for a heart to give sacrificially.
  • Pray for a heart to serve with diligence and with joy
  • Pray that you would love unconditionally

Pray!

And we will all be able to give thanks to God for the good things HE has done!